Tuesday 23 October 2012

Countdown to Skyfall: 3 Days

Best. Email. Ever.
Jealousy is a terrible thing, but seeing my Twitter timeline earlier this evening, it was hard to avoid.

Quite a few of the people I follow were lucky enough to be at the Royal Premiere of Skyfall.

The shits.

It's hard to explain how much I'm looking forward to this film; in fact, I need it. I need it to restore my faith in the Bond franchise after the wobble-fest that was Quantum Of Solace.

After watching that film for the first time, my friends asked what I thought of it.

I was genuinely speechless. It just didn't hang together. My faith in the future of Bond wavered, and has done for some years since.

But the signs for Skyfall are very much brighter. The same Twitter timeline that incited jealousy has also been filled with overwhelmingly positive comments from those lucky enough to have already seen it at previews.

Again - the shits.

In some ridiculous personal challenge to myself, I have successfully avoided ALL trailers for the film and avoided (as best I can) all still shots. In fact, I almost crashed the car last night when I switched on Radio 4's Front Row to find them talking about it.

So what will Friday bring? I have already pre-warned colleagues and friends I may lose control of my bodily functions with excitement.

I just hope BEYOND ANYTHING ELSE that I'm speechless all over again, this time because it's frickin' awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment